1. Mass native and former Kentucky basketball player Terrence Clarke died in a car accident in Los Angeles Thursday afternoon. He was 19. Clarke, who grew up playing basketball in Roxbury, played one year at Kentucky before declaring for the NBA Draft. Jaylen Brown posted a tribute on IG “My lil bro really gone.” (BOSTON)
2. The U.S. tops 31.9 million covid-19 cases with more than 570,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported one new death and 403 new cases on Thursday bringing Maine’s death toll to 769 with 119 Mainers currently hospitalized. Nearly 34% of Mainers have received their final dose of a covid vaccine. (WMTW)
3. According to the Maine CDC the evidence is growing stronger each week that fully vaccinated people do not pass COVID-19 on to others. Dr. Shah emphasized as more people get vaccinated, giving researchers more data, the strength of that evidence is growing every day. (WGME)
4. The federal government plans to more than double the number of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine doses shipped to Maine next week, increasing the number available for clinics to administer.
5. World Book Day – How about starting a new one today? Talk Like Shakespeare Day – Say “Tis” a lot. Instead of “you,” say “thou.” Instead of “y’all,” say “thee.” Thy, Thine and Ye are all good pronouns, too.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! They now carry poultry supplies! Get chicken feed, pine shavings, feeders, and more. Open 7 days a week, 274 St John St in Portland.