1. An Independent review of a June 2020 Black Lives Matter protest finds the Portland Police Department’s response “appropriate,” and even “restrained.” The firm noted the protest was made up of a mix of peaceful demonstrators and outliers who clashed with police, throwing water bottles towards officers and inciting police reaction. (NEWS CENTER)
2. State health officials reported 106 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday – the biggest single-day total since late May. Four additional deaths were also reported. The seven-day daily case average increased to 58, which is nearly three times what it was on average just two weeks ago. (PRESS HERALD)
3. Part of a plane’s landing gear broke off and fell onto a Maine golf course this week. A golfer found the wheel from a plane on the 7th fairway of the Gorham Country Club. The plane was able to do a belly landing and landed safely in Islip New York. (WMTW)
4. Former Waynflete basketball standout Dominick Campbell is planning to take his talents to Notre Dame after completing his senior year at Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire. He announced on twitter this week that he would be accepting a scholarship from the Fighting Irish. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Gorgeous Grandma Day – Tell granny how beautiful she is!!!!