1. A 33-year-old man in Portland’s East End said he was sitting on a bench at Fort Sumner Park when he was hit in the head from behind with a blunt object. Police said they are investigating whether this recent attack is connected to the West End assault cases. (PRESS HERALD)
2. A woman was found lying in a Sanford street unconscious with a serious head injury early Thursday morning. The woman was taken to Maine Med where police said she was in stable condition as of Thursday afternoon. (WGME)
3. The U.S. tops 33.4 million covid-19 cases with more than 598,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 65 new cases on Thursday keeping Maine’s death toll at 843 with 49 Mainers hospitalized. More than 55% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (NEWS CENTER)
4. Record Store Day drop 1 is THIS Saturday. Support your local, independent music shop by picking up some vinyl. Special releases from Prince, Amy Winhouse and Biggie will be included in drop 1. Drop 2, by the way, will be July 17th.
5. LeBron James’ iconic #23 is a thing of the past. The Los Angeles Lakers superstar is officially switching back to #6 for the start of next season. James initially decided to gift #23 to Anthony Davis when he joined the Lakers in 2019. (TMZ)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! They now carry poultry supplies! Get chicken feed, pine shavings, feeders, and more. Open 7 days a week, 274 St John St in Portland.