1. President Biden signed the COVID Relief Bill that’s being called “The American Rescue Plan.” The White House says the $1,400 direct payments will start showing up in bank accounts as early as this weekend. (CNN)
2. The U.S. tops 29.2 million covid-19 cases with more than 530,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 187 new cases on Thursday keeping Maine’s death toll at 723 with 70 Mainers currently hospitalized. Today marks one year since the first case of coronavirus was reported in Maine. (WMTW)
3. President Biden said he will direct states and territories to make all adults eligible for vaccination by May 1. The goal is to let Americans gather at least in small groups for July Fourth and “make this Independence Day truly special.” Gov Mills said “my administration will work day and night to get shots into arms so that come May 1 every Maine person will be eligible.” (NEWS CENTER)
4. Maine administered 17,651 vaccine doses on Wednesday, a new one-day record. Maine is in the top 10 states for how quickly it is vaccinating the public. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Sunday we SPRING forward an hour for Daylight Savings Time. More sunlight is on the way. Daylight Savings is always a good time to check the batteries in your flashlights, smoke detectors, and any other battery-operated device.
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!