1. The U.S. tops 11.7 million Covid-19 cases with over 252,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported one new death and 215 new cases on Thursday. Maine’s death toll is 171 with 2,160 active cases.(WMTW)
2. Gov. Janet Mills has announced a 9 p.m. curfew on establishments that provide indoor dining and drink service, bars and tasting rooms that offer outdoor service, movie theaters, performing arts venues, social clubs as well as both indoor and outdoor “amusement venues.” The limits on operating hours will begin tonight and extend through Dec. 6. (PRESS HERALD)
3. After a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on the day Lewiston High School reopened, the school is going back to remote learning. Students can return Thursday, Dec. 3. (SUN JOURNAL)
4. Scarborough Downs will halt live horse racing this month, ending a 70 year run. The track will hold its last live harness racing event on Nov. 28. (PRESS HERALD)
5. The Mills administration said that 52 additional COVID-19 locations will open at Walgreens today. This is in addition to 10 locations that opened last week. An appointment is required to be tested. (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.