1. Tomorrow will mark 20 years since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. We remember the sadness of that day but also the strength of those who responded.
2. President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered new federal vaccine requirements for as many as 100 million Americans. The rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly.
3. The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported 620 new COVID-19 cases and five new deaths on Thursday. The number of COVID-19 patients in critical care and on ventilators reached a record high in Maine on Thursday.
4. Schools in Hermon are moving to remote learning after over 30 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Hermon is one of 14 schools currently experiencing an outbreak in the state, according to the Department of Education.
5. The Maine Celtics have a new head coach. Jarell Christian was named the seventh coach in franchise history Thursday. Most recently Christian was an assistant with the NBA’s Washington Wizards.