1. Canada lifted its prohibition on Americans crossing the border to shop, vacation or visit today. The United States however is keeping similar restrictions in place for Canadians until at least Aug. 21. (WMTW)
2. Dr. Anthony Fauci, said Sunday that he was hopeful the FDA will give full approval to the coronavirus vaccine by month’s end and predicted the potential move will spur a wave of vaccine mandates. (PRESS HERALD)
3. Maine Medical Center is limiting visitors, citing rising rates of COVID-19 community transmission. Starting Monday, adult patients are only allowed one visitor, daily. (WMTW)
4. The Tokyo Olympics wrapped up over the weekend, and Team USA finished on top.
Americans brought home 113 medals in 28 different sports. The breakdown was 39 gold, 41 silver, and 33 bronze medals. Swimmer Caleb Dressel was the most decorated athlete with five gold medals. The U.S. has won the most medals of any country for the last seven Summer Olympics, dating back to 1996. Team USA’s Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams both won gold in the final weekend of the Olympics. (CNN)
5. Cup Noodles bringing a limited-edition pumpkin spice ramen to Walmart shelves this October. The company insists on adding whipped cream to the top of your noodles. (DELISH)