1. Nancy Pelosi said Sunday the House will proceed with legislation to impeach Donald Trump as she pushes the vice president to oust him by invoking the 25th Amendment, warning that Trump is a threat to democracy after the deadly assault on the Capitol. The House action could start as soon as today. (AP)
2. The US tops 22.4 million Covid-19 cases with over 374,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 279 new cases on Sunday. Maine’s death toll is 432 with 190 Mainers currently hospitalized. Over 48,000 Mainers have been vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. Nancy Bush Ellis, sister of former president George H.W. Bush, died Sunday from complications due to COVID-19 at an assisted living facility in Massachusetts. She was 94. (WMTW)
4. Muslim celebrations known as Eid will be included in the Lewiston Public Schools calendar as holidays, beginning this year. Ayesha Hall, equity resource officer for Lewiston Public Schools, said the change was not about days off. “It’s about celebrating the diversity of (Lewiston Public Schools). We have to make sure we are honoring diversity with action.” (SUN JOURNAL)
5. Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots are rolling over after no one matched all 6 numbers in either weekend drawing. Tuesday’s Mega Millions jackpot is estimated at $600 million. Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is worth $550 million. Those amounts might go up depending on how many tickets are purchased. (ABC)
Made Hot in Maine by, The Gas Station in Lewiston! Now open at 1822 Lisbon Street.