1. The House approved a $1.9 trillion pandemic relief bill. Moderate Democratic Rep Jared Golden of Maine was one of two lawmakers to cross party lines. The Senate debates its version over the next two weeks. (WGME)
2. The U.S. tops 28.6 million covid-19 cases with more than 513,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 142 new cases on Sunday bringing Maine’s death toll to 703 with 72 Mainers currently hospitalized. (WMTW)
3. On Friday, Gov. Janet Mills, along with Maine CDC, announced drastic changes to the state’s vaccine rollout: that age would be the sole determinant in who gets vaccinated when moving forward. (WMTW)
4. Maine placed its first order of 11,500 doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The doses are expected to arrive this week along with 39,060 previously ordered first doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. (WMTW)
5. Maine Restaurant Week begins today and runs until the 12th. This year restaurants are presenting special MRW offers, but not necessarily the traditional three-course menus.
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!