1. The Senate voted 50-49 to pass the $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief bill. Sen. King voted in favor while Sen.Collins opposed. The package includes $1,400 checks for individuals earning up to $80,000. The bill extends $300 federal unemployment and provides $14 billion for vaccine distribution. The plan goes back to the House because of amendments in the Senate version of the bill. (INSTAGRAM)
2. The U.S. tops 28.9 million covid-19 cases with more than 525,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 2 new deaths and 159 new cases on Sunday bringing Maine’s death toll to 706 with 67 Mainers currently hospitalized. Just over 11% of Maine’s total population are now fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. Police in Kennebunk are asking for help to locate a missing teen. 15-year-old Brooklynn Torstensen was last seen on Tuesday, March 2. She is approximately 5-feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair. (WMTW)
4. New state-issued guidance Friday will help the Portland Sea Dogs have fans at Hadlock Field this summer. Don’t expect a full stadium anytime soon but the team is planning for reduced capacity socially distant seating this season. (WMTW)
5. Happy International Women’s Day! 2021’s International Women’s Day theme is #ChooseToChallenge: Celebrating “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world. This year’s theme honors the immense efforts by women all over the globe who are shaping and striving for a more equal future and COVID-19 recovery. (INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY)
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!