1. Maine’s mask mandate, physical distance requirements, and capacity limits for indoor spaces ended today. Businesses are still allowed to set their own rules and face coverings are still recommended for the un-vaccinated. (WMTW)
2. The U.S. tops 33.1 million covid-19 cases with more than 589,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 116 new cases on Monday bringing Maine’s death toll to 820 with 118 Mainers hospitalized. More than 50% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WGME)
3. Maine Hannaford supermarkets will no longer require masks for their customers who are fully vaccinated. They do ask that you continue to wear a mask if you have not received a COVID-19 vaccination. (NEWS CENTER)
4. Bull Moose’s location in Salem, N.H., abruptly closed on Friday, with company employees claiming the workers there were fired for protesting the end of mask requirements. In a statement, however, Bull Moose said the closure had “absolutely nothing” to do with masks. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks (Made Hot In Maine by Partners Bank) is June 3rd OUTSIDE on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Just added a special appearance by BIA performing Whole Lotta Money… Tickets on sale NOW.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!