1. Former Reality Show TV Host Donald Trump is doubling down on his refusal to concede the election to President-elect Joe Biden. Late last night Trump tweeted “I WON THE ELECTION!” Twitter flagged the tweet saying “Official sources called this election differently.”
2. The U.S. tops 11 million Covid-19 cases with over 246,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported 2 new deaths and 153 new cases on Sunday. Maine’s death toll is 165 with 2,098 active cases.
3. The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to have a stunningly high success rate. “It’s just as good as it gets — 94.5% is truly outstanding,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci. Vaccinations could begin in the second half of December. Vaccinations are expected to begin with high-risk groups and to be available for the rest of the population next spring.
4. Twelve positive coronavirus cases have been identified in the St. Joseph’s College community. As a result the school is switching to remote learning. Starting today, students will be tested and will then vacate the campus pending a negative result.
5. SpaceX launched four astronauts to the International Space Station on Sunday on the first full-fledged taxi flight for NASA by a private company. The Dragon capsule holds three American astronauts, and one Japanese. The flight to the space station — 27 1/2 hours door to door — should be entirely automated, although the crew can take control if needed.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.