1. On Saturday, President Trump announced he’d be nominating Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. If her Senate confirmation is successful before the November election, the appointment would mark Trump’s third US Supreme Court pick in one presidential term, cementing a conservative stronghold in the court for a generation.
2. On Saturday, hundreds of protesters gathered in Portland to protest the Breonna Taylor decision. Only one officer was charged in Breonna Taylor’s investigation. He was charged with wanton endangerment. This charge wasn’t related to her death, but for firing at a residential apartment.
3. The U.S. Tops 7.1 million covid cases w/ over 204,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 28 additional coronavirus cases and no new deaths on Sunday. Maine’s death toll remains 140 with 581 active cases.
4. Students at Massabesic Middle School and Massabesic High School will now be learning remotely due to an outbreak of Covid-19. Massabesic Middle School will be closed until at least Oct. 13. Massabesic High School will switch to full remote learning until at least Oct. 5.
5. On Sunday night, Judge Carl Nichols blocked a ban, supported by President Trump, which would have removed TikTok from app stores. For now, TikTok can continue on until there is a full court hearing, but a date has not yet been set.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.