1. All testimony in the trial of Derek Chauvin could wrap up today. The jury would then take Friday off before closing arguments Monday, at which point they will be sequestered for deliberation. (NEWS CENTER)
2. A 3-year-old boy was hit and killed by a car driven by a 13-year-old girl in Gorham on Wednesday. Gorham police say the incident remains under investigation and more information will be released when it becomes available. (WMTW)
3. The U.S. tops 31.4 million covid-19 cases with more than 564,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 4 new deaths and 547 new cases on Wednesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 757 with 98 Mainers currently hospitalized. More than 29% of Mainers have been fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
4. Gov. Janet Mills extended the state of civil emergency for another 30 days on Wednesday, the 14th time she has done so. Mills said Maine is in a race between vaccinations and variants of COVID-19. (WMTW)
5. The Red Sox extended their hot streak to 9 games yesterday, sweeping the Twins in a doubleheader. Boston is the first team in major league history to open the season with at least three straight losses and immediately follow that by winning at least nine straight. (WGME)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!