1. U.S. health officials now say you should get a COVID-19 booster shot eight months after receiving your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. The first Mainers to get their boosters would be health care workers and the elderly. That wouldn’t start until late September.
2. The State Theatre is now requiring all patrons and staff to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test in order to attend shows.
3. The University of Maine System announced Thursday that it will once again require everyone to wear masks inside its buildings for the next several weeks. The masking requirement applies to students, faculty, staff and visitors at all campuses. It will last through at least Sept. 30.
4. A blue lobster was caught Wednesday off the coast of Portland. The two-man team of Captain George Stover and Sternman Joseph Parker of the “Karen Marie” caught the lobster.
5. Starting on September 1st you’ll be able to order glazed pull apart donuts from the McCafé Bakery. Each donut is coated in a sweet glaze and is baked into tear apart bites making it easy to share and easy to eat.