1. The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to impeach President Trump for “incitement of insurrection” after last week’s Capitol takeover by his supporters. Trump is the only president in U.S. history to be impeached twice. 10 Republicans joined all Democrats in voting to impeach the president. (AP)
2. The US tops 23 million Covid-19 cases with over 384,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 4 new deaths and a new single-day record for the state of 824 new cases on Wednesday. Maine’s death toll is 453. (WMTW)
3. Governor Janet Mills put out a timeline for when Mainers can expect to get vaccinated. Mills expanded Phase 1a of Maine’s vaccination plan to add first responders. Phase 1a is expected to be completed in February. Phase 1b will include Mainers 70+ and those with high risk medical conditions. Phase 1b is expected to be complete by April. (WGME)
4. The Bruins will honor Travis Roy with a helmet logo during the 2021 season. Roy, who grew up in Yarmouth and died in October, became an advocate and fundraiser after being paralyzed from the neck down just 11 seconds into his first hockey game at Boston University. The Bruins, like the Boston University men’s and women’s hockey teams, will wear TR24 emblems this season. (PRESS HERALD)
5. The Wolf Moon, the first full moon of 2021 is coming on January 28th. It gets its name from the idea that wolves tend to howl more at the beginning of the year. January’s full moon is also known as the cold or severe moon, considering the harsher weather conditions for farmers. (MENTAL FLOSS)
Made Hot in Maine by, The Gas Station in Lewiston! Now open at 1822 Lisbon Street.