1. The House has passed a bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday, sending it to the desk of President Biden just days before the holiday. Juneteenth commemorates June 19, 1865, the day Texans learned that slaves were freed following the surrender of the Confederacy. (IG)
2. The U.S. tops 33.4 million covid-19 cases with more than 600,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 5 new deaths and 51 new cases on Wednesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 853. More Than 56% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WGME)
3. Governor Janet Mills revealed the “Don’t Miss Your Shot: Vacationland Sweepstakes” Wednesday. The sweepstakes will award one winner with $1 for every person who received at least one dose of vaccine in Maine by the Fourth of July. ($876,703+) (WGME)
4. Freeport is one of the latest victims of an attempted ransomware attack. An unknown hacker encrypted some files and demanded a $10,000 ransom for them to be released. But because they had a backup of the data, they did not have to pay. (WGME)
5. Hot Radio Maine Weekends in Old Town. Ryan Deelon, DJ Jay-C, and 2Phat will be providing the sounds Friday and Saturday nights for the brand new club Ivy at Kanu starting this weekend. 283 Main Street, Old Town. (KANU)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!