1. The U.S. tops 33 million covid-19 cases with more than 587,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 2 new deaths and 202 new cases on Wednesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 807 with 107 Mainers hospitalized. More than 48% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
2. The mass coronavirus vaccination clinic at Scarborough Downs is shutting down. State officials have announced Maine will help any organization such as a school, workplace or church host on site vaccination clinics so long as they have at least 10 people willing to get vaccinated. (WGME)
3. Maine schools are no longer required to maintain 3 feet of distancing between students if they take part in the state’s pooled testing program. Participation in the program means at least 30% of school staff and students take part.(WMTW)
4. Burger King has entered the chicken sandwich wars. The Ch’King sandwich includes a hand-breaded crispy chicken filet, pickles, a signature sauce, and a potato bun. The official debut of the Ch’King is June 3rd. If you order the new sandwich on the BK app, you’ll get a free Whopper. (CNN)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks (Made Hot In Maine by Partners Bank) is June 3rd OUTSIDE on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Just added a special appearance by BIA performing Whole Lotta Money… Tickets on sale NOW.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!