1. The U.S. tops 9.4 million Covid-19 cases with over 233,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported two new deaths and 151 new cases, a single day record, on Wednesday. Maine’s death toll is 150 with 1,245 active cases.
2. Wins in Wisconsin and Michigan put Joe Biden one state away from the White House. The former vice president says he expects to win the election, even as President Trump prepares lawsuits in three states and requests a recount in Wisconsin.
3. Republican U.S. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine survived a hard-fought race to serve a fifth term following the costliest race in Maine history, one that was pivotal to control of the Senate.
4. Maine Secretary of State Matt Dunlap said turnout for Tuesday’s election will likely be record-breaking. Final voter turnout won’t be known until all the votes are certified, but Dunlap said the current record of 73% will likely be broken.
5. Nothing has been finalized, but the state agencies working with the MPA on a high school winter sports plan have drafted a proposal that will require athletes wear masks during competition if a sport receives clearance for play.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.