1. The U.S. tops 7.9 million Coronavirus cases w/ over 216,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 36 additional cases on Wednesday. The statewide death toll remains 143 w/ 621 active cases. (WMTW)
2. Nicholas Mitchell, of New Hampshire, is accused of placing razor blades in pizza dough at the Hannaford in Saco this month. However, two customers in Sanford returned dough that contained razor blades back in August. Hannaford is blaming a technology error in its reporting system for failing to report razor blades being found in pizza dough. (WMTW)
3. Sara Gideon, who is looking to unseat Susan Collins, voted early in-person via absentee ballot Wednesday morning at the Freeport Town Hall. Unlike her opponent, it’s clear who Gideon cast her vote for in the presidential race: former Vice President Joe Biden. (NEWS CENTER)
4. A scarecrow honoring late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is now presiding over the chamber of commerce in Kennebunk. Every year the town asks businesses to put up scarecrows. (WMTW)
5. Available now at participating Dunkin’ locations, a Spicy Ghost Pepper Donut. The treat has strawberry frosting with ghost pepper and cayenne pepper mixed in. The peppers only add a “touch of heat.” (FOX)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.