1. Officials are looking for three men who assaulted and robbed a Phippsburg man after he got out of his car to help a woman who waved to him for help in a “broken-down” SUV in West Bath. Three men jumped out of the SUV and began to assault and rob him. The suspects placed the victim inside the bed of his own truck and drove him to a random house. A nearby resident in the area noticed the commotion and called police. (NEWS CENTER)
2. The U.S. tops 33.2 million covid-19 cases with more than 594,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 42 new cases on Monday keeping Maine’s death toll at 825 with 96 Mainers hospitalized. More than 52% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. Officers located more than 30 vehicles in the Old Port that had at least one tire slashed. Most of the cars were in the area of the Regency Hotel. A suspect was arrested near Nickelodeon Cinemas after he tried to run. (WGME)
4. Despite rain over Memorial Day Weekend it looks like tourism revenue bounced back after a 30% decrease last year. Data on how many people came to Maine this weekend won’t be available until later this week. On Monday, traffic was backed up for nearly 25 miles on the Maine Turnpike from the New Hampshire border to Kennebunk. (NEWS CENTER)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks (Made Hot In Maine by Partners Bank) is THIS THURSDAY outside on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Just added a special appearance by BIA performing Whole Lotta Money… Tickets on sale NOW.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!