1. Schools in Westbrook, Scarborough, Buxton and beyond sent students home early Monday, and some planned to keep them home today as a result of the late spring heatwave. (PRESS HERALD)
2. The U.S. tops 33.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 597,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 30 new cases on Monday keeping Maine’s death toll at 839 with 58 Mainers hospitalized. More than 53.6% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. Maine’s mobile vaccine unit will make its final stops in Portland and OOB. This week from Thursday to Sunday it will be at Rising Tide Brewery across from Kennedy Park. Next Thursday through Sunday they will set up at 77 Milliken Street in OOB. IT’S FREE and no appointment needed. The mobile unit will be giving the J&J, single shot vaccine. Must be 18 or older.
4. A 6-year-old boy in Livermore Falls took his babysitter’s SUV and crashed it Sunday night. The boy lost control when he tried to make a U-Turn at an intersection. The SUV was wedged between a building and a telephone pole. He was not injured and his grandmother picked him up. (WGME)
5. Best Friends Day – Shout out to your bestie who’s always there for you!
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!