1. Kyle Fitzsimons of Lebanon has been indicted on 10 counts for his role in the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Court docs say he injured Police officers. He entered and engaged in physical violence in a restricted area, among other charges. Photos released by the FBI show Fitzsimons covered in blood. (WGME)
2. The U.S. tops 28.6 million covid-19 cases with more than 514,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 128 new cases on Monday bringing Maine’s death toll to 703 with 62 Mainers currently hospitalized. (WMTW)
3. Mass covid-vaccination clinics at the former Marshalls on Main Street in Sanford and the Portland Expo Center open today. Later this week Northern Light plans to open up a clinic inside the former Pier 1 Imports at the Maine Mall. (WGME)
4. MaineHousing’s application system for the new $200 million emergency rental assistance program is back online after it crashed shortly after launching. Renters will be able to apply for rent and utilities owed back to March 13, 2020, and three months of rent in advance of the application date. (WMTW)
5. Shipyard and Sea Dog’s Brewing Co are teaming up with Novel Beverage of Scarborough to launch THC-infused versions of Pumpkinhead and Wild Blueberry Wheat ale. Drinkers will feel the beverages’ effects in 15 or 20 minutes and they will last for about two hours. (NEWS CENTER)
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!