1. President Joe Biden announced on Monday that 90% of adults will be eligible to get a coronavirus vaccine within the next three weeks as well as have a vaccination site within five miles of where they live. Maine will see a near doubling of COVID-19 vaccine shipments to pharmacies this week. (WMTW)
2. The U.S. tops 30.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 550,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 180 new cases on Monday keeping Maine’s death toll at 736 with 77 Mainers currently hospitalized. Over 255,000 Mainers have received their final COVID-19 vaccine dose, which represents 19% of the population.(WMTW)
3. A Waterville woman was killed Monday morning in Farmington when strong winds caused a tree branch to fall onto her moving car. The strong winds sheared a large portion of a pine tree, sending large branches onto the road as her car passed underneath. (WMTW)
4. Dozens of restaurants in Portland are now finding out they have been put on the popular food delivery app Grubhub without their consent and the app often shows outdated information and menus. Portland City Councilors say they’re aware of this issue and are now working on how to respond. (WGME)
5. Susan McMillan of Portland incorrectly answered the Final Jeopardy! question last night and lost after being crowned a champion in her debut on Friday night. (the author of the Mary Poppins children’s books – P.L. Travers) (PRESS HERALD)
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!