1. The U.S. tops 10.1 million Covid-19 cases with over 238,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 204 new cases on Monday. Maine’s death toll is 152 with 1,726 active cases. Pfizer said Monday an early look at data from its coronavirus vaccine shows it is more than 90% effective — a much better than expected efficacy if the trend continues. (WMTW)
2. President-elect Joe Biden on Monday implored Americans to wear masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The Democrat’s transition team also unveiled members of Biden’s coronavirus working group tasked with developing his administration’s pandemic response — something Biden says he wants to put in motion as soon as he takes office in January. (CBS)
3. Ben Carson is the latest member of Donald Trump’s administration to test positive with COVID-19. Carson recently attended the White House election party last Tuesday night. There were a lot of people in an enclosed area not wearing masks. Carson is 69 years old and falls into a high-risk age group for COVID-19 complications. (NEWS CENTER)
4. Thornton Academy is switching to remote learning due to three COVID-19 cases within the school community. Remote learning will last through the Thanksgiving break, with students returning Nov. 30. (WMTW)
5. A new COVID-19 testing site opened at the Portland Jetport to allow travelers and Mainers to be tested for the virus. The Jetport testing site is located in the lobby across from the parking garage. Testing is available seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. An appointment is required. (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.