1. The U.S. tops 7.8 million Coronavirus cases w/ over 215,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 29 additional cases on Monday. The statewide death toll remains 143 w/ 611 active cases. Stage 4 of the plan to reopen Maine’s economy is now underway. As of today, indoor seating capacity limits increase to 50% of permitted occupancy, or 100 people, whichever is less. (WMTW)
2. Police say they’ve caught the man who put razor blades into fresh pizza dough at the Saco Hannaford. A Hannaford spokesperson expanded its recall for Portland Pie pizza dough to include all Portland Pie branded products at all Hannaford stores. (WGME)
3. The website Livability.com has come out with its list of the 100 best places to live in the U.S., with Portland coming in fourth. The website says the cities on the list offer connection, affordability and the space and opportunity to grow. Fort Collins, Colorado came in first. (WGME)
4. Apple is promoting a streaming event that will take place today (Tuesday, October 13th) at 1:00 pm. Most people speculate that the iPhone 12 will be unveiled. It’s expected that 4 new phones will be featured. (CNN)
5. The Los Angeles Lakers won their 17th NBA title Sunday night, defeating the Miami Heat in Game 6 at 106-93. James now has three NBA titles under three different franchises. With their 17th title win, the Lakers now tie the Celtics for most wins by a franchise in NBA history. (ESPN)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.