1. Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed to the Supreme Court late Monday with Republicans overpowering Democrats to install Trump’s nominee days before the election and secure a likely conservative court majority for years to come. Sen. Susan Collins was the only Republican senator to vote “no” on the confirmation.
2. The U.S. tops 8.7 million Coronavirus cases w/ over 225,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 53 additional cases on Sunday. The statewide death toll is 146 w/ 745 active cases.
3. It’ll Be Pizza, the company that manufactures the pizza dough that is the focus of a razor-blade tampering investigation has revealed that it failed to report three complaints it received from customers who found metal screws in its dough in September.
4. Scarborough High School students are planning a protest this morning outside the town’s municipal building in response to a letter telling staff not to wear or display slogans which could be considered ‘controversial,’ including Black Lives Matter.
5. If you got an absentee ballot for the Nov. 3 election and plan to return it by mail, do so no later than today. Officials warn that, if you wait, there’s a chance your ballot won’t make it on time.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.