1. Trump attacked Senator Susan Collins over the Supreme Court nomination timeline. On Fox News, the former reality TV show host said Collins is ‘very badly hurt’ by suggesting the winner of the presidential election should decide on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s successor. (PRESS HERALD)
2. The U.S. tops 6.8 million coronavirus cases with over 199,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 27 new cases on Monday. Maine’s death toll is 140 w/ 582 active cases. (WMTW)
3. Sanford High and the Sanford Regional Technical Center have been on all-remote learning since Monday. The Sanford School Department says 12 people associated with Sanford High and the technical center have tested positive for COVID-19. (WMTW)
4. The Maine CDC reported that an individual with COVID-19 went to the Portland International Jetport on Sunday intending to fly to Florida. Anyone who was at the Jetport between 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday may have been exposed to the virus. (WGME)
5. The minimum wage in Maine will rise from $12 to $12.15 per hour starting on Jan. 1, 2021. Monday’s announcement is based on cost of living information recently released by the U.S. Department of Labor. (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.