1. The state rested its case against Derek Chauvin Tuesday morning, allowing the defense to begin calling witnesses in what could be the last week of testimony in the trial. (NEWS CENTER)
2. The U.S. tops 31.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 563,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 2 new deaths and 571 new cases on Tuesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 753 with 96 Mainers currently hospitalized. Nearly 29% of Mainers have been fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. The U.S. is recommending a “pause” of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots. In Maine 5.65 percent of doses administered have been J&J. (NEWS CENTER)
4. The Red Sox look to extend their 7 game win streak with a doubleheader in Minneapolis today. Monday’s game was postponed due to safety and sensitivity concerns after the police shooting a day earlier of Daunte Wright. The Twins held a moment of silence for Wright prior to Tuesday’s game.
5. Maine guide Ryan Holt will star on Discovery Channel’s “Naked and Afraid” for the fifth time facing the lengthiest challenge in the show’s 9-year history. His challenge… Survive 60 days in the swamps of Louisiana, with alligators and poisonous snakes, as the temperature drops to below freezing. The first episode of the season will air 8pm Sunday, April 25. (WGME)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!