1. An investigation by New York’s attorney general found that Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women in and out of state government and worked to retaliate against one of his accusers. President Joe Biden called for him to resign in a press conference Tuesday. (WMTW)
2. New York City announced that anyone wanting to enjoy indoor activities would soon need to show proof of their COVID vaccination. “The Key to NYC Pass” will launch on August 16th with a four-week phasing-in period. The vaccination proof will be required for indoor dining, entertainment, and gym visits. New York City is the first known U.S. city to launch this rule. (NY DAILY NEWS)
3. MaineHealth, the largest private employer in Maine, announced it will require all employees in its system to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Any employee, with very few exceptions, not vaccinated by Oct. 1, 2021, will be terminated. (WMTW)
4. Today is Great American Outdoors Day and to celebrate you can visit Acadia National Park for free. On August 25, which is the National Park Service’s birthday, you can also visit for free.
5. Frontier Airlines announced direct flights from Portland to Miami will start three days a week in November. (WGME)