1. The U.S. tops 15.1 million Covid-19 cases with over 286,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported a record 274 new cases of COVID-19 and 12 new related deaths on Tuesday. Maine’s death toll is 239 with 3,563 active cases. (WMTW)
2. Maine Med in Portland reported the number of COVID-positive patients more than doubled, from 16 to 35 last week. Visitors are no longer allowed in many areas of the hospital, and some elective surgeries are being rescheduled. (PRESS HERALD)
3. The owners of Cape Elizabeth’s Rugged Seas are selling T-shirts to raise money for the families of four fishermen from the sunken Emmy Rose. They’ve sold more than 2,000 shirts to date, raising more than $28,000 for the families.
4. Apple announced The AirPods Max, over-the-ear headphones that offer noise cancellation and hands-free Siri usage. According to Apple, the AirPods Max gives “incredible high fidelity audio.” The price is $549.(ENGADGET)
5. The International Olympic Committee has announced that breakdancing will debut at the 2024 Paris Games. Skateboarding, surfing and sport climbing are also set to debut at the 2021 Tokyo Games when they – hopefully – open July 23rd. (ESPN)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.