1. The House approved a resolution urging VP Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump, although Pence had already said he would not. Five Republican lawmakers announced they would vote to impeach Trump. Trump faces a single charge — “incitement of insurrection.” (NEWS CENTER)
2. Police are investigating six more threatening letters sent to Portland residents. Those who received the letters turned them over to authorities after seeing the news last week. The letters were linked by how they were addressed, the handwriting and stamps. Many of the recipients displayed either flags or posters supporting LGBTQIA+ rights, Black Lives Matter or a political candidate. (WGME)
3. The US tops 22.8 million Covid-19 cases with over 380,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 11 new deaths and 715 new cases on Tuesday. Maine’s death toll is 449 with 203 Mainers currently hospitalized. (WMTW)
4. The U.S.-Canada border will remain closed until at least Feb. 21, 2021, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Tuesday. Canada and the U.S. agreed to the ban in March and have renewed it monthly ever since. (NEWS CENTER)
5. The Holy Donut Fans rejoice! The shop’s new Auburn location opened yesterday. Jeff Buckwalter, the co-owner and CEO of the Holy Donut, told WGME he’s overwhelmed by the positive response from the Auburn community. (WGME)
Made Hot in Maine by, The Gas Station in Lewiston! Now open at 1822 Lisbon Street.