1. Four police officers who fought on the front lines of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 testified before a House committee yesterday. They spoke for more than three hours about the violent assaults, xenophobic insults and lingering injuries they suffered.
2. The U.S. CDC updated its mask guidance on Tuesday to recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors when in areas with “substantial” and “high” transmission of COVID-19, which includes nearly two-thirds of all U.S. counties. New data shows that vaccinated people infected with the delta coronavirus variant can have as much virus as those who are unvaccinated.
3. In Maine, York and Piscataquis counties have substantial community spread of the virus, according to the CDC. All other Maine counties fall under the moderate category.
4. Following a national recall by McCormick for its Perfect Pinch Italian seasoning, Hannaford is now recalling a number of store-baked bakery items. Impacted products may have been purchased between June 22-June 27.
5. Apple Cinemas is reopening the old Cinemagic locations in Westbrook, South Portland, and Saco. A banner hangs at the old Cinemagic in Westbrook, saying that Apple Cinemas are coming soon and looking to hire.