1. It’s being called “the mother of all password leaks.” A popular hacker forum has leaked over 8.4 billion passwords. Hackers released a 100-gigabyte text file called “RockYou2021” sharing the passwords. While the odds say we should all be changing our passwords, you can check to see if your info was exposed using the Personal Data Leak Check tool at CyberNews.com.
2. The U.S. tops 33.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 598,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported one new death and 69 new cases on Tuesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 840 with 52 Mainers hospitalized. More than 53.8% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. The U.S. is unlikely to meet President Joe Biden’s target to have 70% of Americans at least partially vaccinated by July 4. (AP)
4. Starting on July 1, all Maine Walmart stores are going bagless. Walmart customers will need to bring reusable bags and containers for pickup and in-store shopping. (WGME)
5. A black substance is staining the bottom of people’s feet at southern Maine beaches. Initially it was thought to be algae but it’s actually a whole bunch of dead bugs. The bugs have wings that are smaller than a pinpoint, but when a lot of them are stepped on, they leave a dark stain that is hard to remove. (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!