1. President Biden was hopeful that we could get together in small groups again for the 4th of July. Dr. Fauci said bigger Independence Day get-togethers are “entirely conceivable and possible.” (THE HILL)
2. The U.S. tops 29.5 million covid-19 cases with more than 536,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 189 new cases on Tuesday keeping Maine’s death toll at 725 with 82 Mainers currently hospitalized. (WMTW)
3. Plans for Maine’s tallest building are in motion. The 18-story building would be built at the corner of Temple and Federal Streets in Portland. The city council has changed some zoning rules, but it still needs approval from several other boards.(WGME)
4. LeBron James is now a part-owner of the Boston Red Sox. The NBA champ obtained shares in the Fenway Sports Group — which is also the parent company of the English Premier League’s Liverpool Football Club, NASCAR team Fenway Racing and sports cable network NESN. (TMZ)
5. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day aka the Feast of Saint Patrick, a cultural and religious celebration held on March 17, the death date of Saint Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland.
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!