1. The U.S. tops 12.5 million Covid-19 cases with over 259,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported 12 new deaths and 255 new cases on Tuesday. Maine’s death toll is 189 with 2,781 active cases. (WMTW)
2. In line with every other state in the nation, Gov. Janet Mills extended the coronavirus state of civil emergency another 30 days. This is the ninth extension of the state of civil emergency. The state of civil emergency allows the state to use federal resources and to deploy all available tools to respond to the pandemic. (WMTW)
3. The University of Maine announced Tuesday that winter athletics are being paused through at least Dec. 8 due to positive COVID-19 cases on campus and among those involved with athletics. All scheduled games before Dec. 8 have been canceled. (WMTW)
4. Bull Moose announced Tuesday that it will close its Portland location at the end of November. The company said it will look for a new Portland store when the downtown area rebounds. (WGME)
5. Our 8th annual Thanksgiving turkey give-away was yesterday at Great East Butcher Company! Hot Radio Maine w/ Maine Credit Unions gave away over $2,200 in free turkeys. (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.