1. The U.S. tops 8.7 million Coronavirus cases w/ over 226,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 53 additional cases on Sunday. The statewide death toll is 146 w/ 745 active cases.
2. The Maine Principal’s Association says the start of high school winter sports has been delayed indefinitely.
3. The remnants of Zeta, combined with arctic air from the north, could bring the first snow of the season to parts of southern Maine Thursday night into Friday morning. Halloween is looking chilly, but nice, with temperatures in the 40s. Don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour this weekend as Daylight Saving Time comes to an end.
4. The world-famous drummer from The Roots, Questlove, shared a post on Facebook about a Mainer named Ellie who on a whim, bought him a record player and some records while he was watching his parents perform at the Portlander. He shared a picture of the cocktail napkin that Ellie wrote his dream list of records on. Ellen Bruzzese, known as Ellie, would hit the music lounge at the Portlander five nights a week during the 70s and 80s after finishing work at DiMillo’s. That is my writing on my napkin,” Bruzzese said. Even though she doesn’t fully remember buying someone records, she says it sounded like something she would do, and says that she does remember a night where she ran into a kid.
5. 2020 ends the L.A. Dodger’s 32 year title drought! Their 3-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays in Game 6 of the World Series won them their first championship since 1988.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.