1. Remarkable end to the NBA regular season yesterday. With their 73rd win, the Golden State Warriors broke the regular season win record. Kobe Bryant delivered one of the best final game performances of all time. He dropped 60 points last night in the last game of his farewell season.
2. Students came together at UMaine Orono as well at Southern Maine Community College in South Portland Wednesday to demonstrate and share what they say is their struggle to keep up with the high cost of tuition and taking out increasing amounts of loans to afford an education. The day’s demonstrations were part of an effort known as the Million Student March. (PH)
3. The first ever Varsity Maine Awards will take place April 27 at USM. This event will be an unprecedented high school sports awards ceremony hosted by Spose and Erin Ovalle with music provided by us! Check out the nominations and get your tickets now hot1047maine.com for the link. (PH)
4. The marijuana legalization campaign cleared another hurdle yesterday. Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap says he won’t appeal last week’s court ruling that revived the effort and will now review signatures to determine whether the question will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot. (PH)
5. It’s opening day at Hadlock Field! The Portland Sea Dogs face the Hartford Yard Goats tonight at 6pm. Before tomorrow night’s game Krissy w/ be competing in the Sea Dogs’ Media hitting challenge for charity.
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers. Visit KU Maine dot com!