1. Donald Trump, who has made his advocacy for New York City after the 9/11 attacks central to his candidacy, accidentally referred to it on Monday as 7/11. However, Trump is poised to win a lion’s share of the delegates in New York’s primary today. (CNN)
2. Doris Roberts, best known for playing Marie Barone on CBS’ long-running sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, died of natural causes this past Sunday. She was 90. (US)
3. The average retail price of gas has climbed a little more than 9 cents in Maine in the past week. Gas prices are going up around the country because of speculation of a change or freeze in oil production. Maine gas prices are still more than 25 cents lower than this time last year, but they are also more than 25 cents higher than a month ago. (WMTW)
4. Mainer with Parkinson’s disease perseveres and completes the Boston Marathon. Michael Westphal from Great Cranberry Island finished Monday’s 120th annual Boston Marathon in 3 hours, 38 minutes and 59 seconds. He was among 206 Maine runners registered in this year’s field of 30,000. (BD)
5. In a slight improvement over last year, Maine high schools rank seventh in the nation in student achievement, according to the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings. Four Maine schools were among the top 500 schools nationwide: Yarmouth High School (251), Cape Elizabeth High School (335), Falmouth High School (345) and Brewer High School (496). (PH)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers.