1. Republican leaders met with Gov. Paul LePage Monday evening to discuss the fallout from the obscenity-laden voicemail LePage left on the cellphone of a Democratic lawmaker. LePage is expected to talk with family and close friends following Monday’s meeting and issue a response within the next 24 to 48 hours. LePage’s Westbrook town hall event scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled. (WMTW)
2. Gene Wilder, an actor whose work with comics Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor made him one of the most popular stars of the 1970s died Sunday at home in Stamford, Conn. He was 83. (PH)
3. With Portland in the midst of a housing crisis, some homeowners are opting to downsize their living space in exchange for an urban setting. Some local Real Estate brokers say so-called “Micro Condos” are becoming a more popular. They can range from 300 – 1000 square feet. (WCSH)
4. Instagram will soon suggest stories from people you don’t follow. The suggestions will appear at the top of your screen and will be based primarily on your interests and the people you follow on the app. (Mashable)
5. Slinky Day. This day is meant to celebrate the slinky, which was originally designed and sold in the ’40s-when the inventor had accidentally knocked a spring off the shelf, and watched it ‘walk’ down a series of books.
Made Hot in Maine by Neil’s Motors on Rt. 111 in Biddeford.