1. A man’s body was recovered from Portland Harbor Saturday morning. He has been tentatively identified as 23-year-old James Dyer of Saco, who had been missing since early New Year’s Day. James Dyer’s mother Amy was quoted as saying “At this time we are just waiting for the autopsy. We want to say thank you to everyone, including the police and divers who continued to search for him. So many people worked so hard to find him. He is finally coming home.”
2. The full “snow moon” will be appearing tonight. The moon will be at its fullest at 1:20pm and will still appear to be full by the time the sun sets. Calling February’s full moon the “snow moon” is fitting because on average February is the nation’s snowiest month according to the National Weather Service.
3. Former University of Maine hockey goalie Scott Darling, a backup goalie for the Chicago Blackhawks, received words of praise from President Barack Obama when the team was honored at the White House Thursday for its 2015 Stanley Cup Championship. Scott helped out a man down on his luck on a road trip several weeks ago in Arizona. President Obama praised his modesty calling Scott’s act “a very American thing to do.” Check out President Obama’s full remarks over at the Bangor Daily News.
4. Spring training has begun in Fort Myers Florida. The full Red Sox squad reports to camp this week. First spring training game is March 2nd. Opening day at Fenway is April 11th. Sea Dogs opening day at Hadlock is April 14th. Pablo Sandoval reported to spring training yesterday not looking in the best of shape. Check out the picture red sox fans are talking about on IG @hot1047maine.
5. Today is national Margarita day and national walking the dog day. So fill up your favorite thermus w/ your favorite margarita mix and take patches for a walk.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!