1. Donald Trump wins the Nevada Republican presidential caucuses. (CNN)
2. Actress Susan Sarandon was in Maine yesterday stumping for Bernie Sanders. She had lunch at Becky’s diners and chatted w/ locals. After lunch she went to Bowdoin college for a student rally and rounded out the day w/ dinner at Paddy Murphy’s in Bangor. When asked why she wasn’t supporting Clinton she responded, “I don’t understand how you can reel in Wall Street when they’ve contributed so much to your platform.” (BD)
3. Mars candy is working through a major recall of five of its prominent candy brands. The recall was sparked after a piece of red plastic was found embedded in a Snickers bar. While the number of Mars products affected is limited, they have been shipped to numerous countries, including some duty free retailers. Details of the recall can be found here.
4. Today is national Tortilla Chip Day and national Inconvenience Yourself day. The sloppy commute today is inconvenience enough for all of us. Just stay home and eat your favorite tortilla chips on the couch.
3. Biddeford, Cape Elizabeth, Westbrook, Chevrus, Sanford, Saco, York, Thornton Academy and McAuley High School have 2 hour delays this morning. Check a full list of cancellations and delays here.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!