1. The Justice Department is asking a federal court to unseal the warrant the FBI used to search the Mar-a-Lago estate of Donald Trump. Such documents traditionally remain sealed during a pending investigation.
2. The CDC said Thursday in new guidelines that it is not necessary to quarantine after being exposed to Covid-19. The agency also lifted its recommendation to maintain six feet of distance from others.
3. The Wells Police Department says a portion of the shoreline is closed due to another sewage leak. The 44-year-old underwater sewage line near the mouth of Wells Harbor has been plagued with sewage line breaks over the past six months. That includes five breaks in the last month and two this week, caused by stress fractures and boat strikes.
4. A father and son fishing in Casco Bay Thursday caught a rare, blue lobster that will be preserved in a tank at Becky’s diner on Portland’s waterfront. According to the UMaine Lobster Institute, the chance of finding a blue lobster is 1 in 2 million.
5. A new Happy Wheels is about to open after the last location closed in 2019. The grand re-opening will take place on August 20 at their new location in Westbrook on Chabot Street.