1. Nearly 170 people have arrived in Portland over the last three weeks to seek asylum in the United States, filling the city’s overflow homeless shelters. The City Council is scheduled to meet Monday to begin discussing options in the event people continue to arrive faster than they can be housed. (PRESS HERALD)
2. United Airlines will expand its seasonal service from Portland to Denver this summer. Daily nonstop flights to Denver will run from June 4 through Sept. 7. (WGME)
3. The Portland roller-skating rink Happy Wheels says its last day of business will be on Sunday. The business announced it was closing in October. (PRESS HERALD)
4. Ring security owners in several states have had their accounts hacked, allowing strangers to see and interact with them. “Pay this 50 bitcoin ransom or you will get terminated yourself,” said one hacker to a family. Ring claims they have not had a security breach and encourages users to choose two-factor authentication. (ABC NEWS)
5. A bobcat killed Chris Morris’ two male ducks, leaving his remaining female duck without a mate. Morris then posted a singles ad titled “duck seeking duck” at his local co-op in Maine. The owner of several male ducks saw the ad and has arranged for her ducks to meet Morris’ Yellow Duck. Morris intends to “to provide a private, romantic space for them,” but concedes that “they might attack each other.” For dinner, they’ll likely dine on Yellow Duck’s favorite food: slugs. (BANGOR DAILY NEWS)
5 Things You Need to Know is made hot by Key Ford of York! You need to know about their employee pricing all this month!