1. President Trump tweeted 142 times on Wednesday–breaking his record for the most tweets he’s sent out in a 24-hour period as president. Wednesday was also the first day Democrats prosecuted their case against him in the impeachment trial. His all-time tweeting record came in 2015 when he tweeted 161 times about Celebrity Apprentice. (USA TODAY)
2. The United States Coast Guard has confirmed the two people that were aboard the Hayley Ann vessel off the coast of Maine are dead. The groundfishing boat reportedly capsized, and two bodies were found face down in the water. There were only two people on board. The names of the people have yet to be released. (NEWS CENTER MAINE)
3. Consumers in Maine reported losing $3.3 million to scams and fraud in 2019, according to data released Thursday by the Federal Trade Commission. The most common category of complaints received from Maine consumers was impostor scams; followed by identity theft. (PRESS HERALD)
4. Oxford Hills cheerleading coached by Deb Loveless will meet Bangor cheerleading coached by her daughter, Kate Robichaud Saturday in the Class A North championship at the Augusta Civic Center. (BANGOR DAILY NEWS)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (HRM)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!