1. The Pentagon confirmed Thursday that U.S. airstrikes approved by President Trump at Baghdad’s international airport have killed Iran’s most powerful general. The DOD claim he “was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members.” The attack is expected to draw Iranian retaliation. (AP NEWS)
2. Scarborough teachers are demanding more competitive pay, similar to nearby schools, after months without a contract. The teachers have even received national attention including a tweet by Democratic Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders sharing his support. (WGME)
3. Westbrook police say a Florida man has been accused of exposing himself to customers inside a business Thursday afternoon. When police tried to arrest the man in another business, the suspect fought with officers and attempted to grab one of their guns. Two civilians helped the officers subdue the suspect. (WGME)
4. U-Haul announced that, effective Feb. 1 in 21 states, it will no longer hire nicotine users. The nicotine-free policy will be enacted in states that lawfully allow the decline of nicotine users. Massachusetts and Vermont are included, while Maine is not. (USA TODAY)
5. Boston Celtics center Tacko Fall ranks a surprising sixth in early All-Star voting among Eastern Conference frontcourt players. The 7’5″ rookie has played in just three games this season, scoring a total of 13 points. Despite his limited playing time, he’s become a fan favorite. He currently has more votes than the NBA’s leading rebounder, Andre Drummond. (CBS SPORTS)
5 Things You Need to Know is made hot by Key Ford of York! You need to know about their employee pricing all this month!