- Damar Hamlin’s physicians revealed Hamlin was conscious Wednesday evening, and while he still couldn’t talk, Damar, using a pen, asked who won the Bills vs. Bengals game. “You won. You won at the game of life,” his healthcare team told Damar. The NFL officially canceled the game Thursday night. (TMZ)
- Black residents of South Portland are four times more likely to be arrested than white residents, according to an analysis of arrests and traffic stops. The report recommends research to determine whether racial disparities resulted from police practices, patrol patterns, officer attitudes, socio-economic conditions and mental health issues. (PH)
- Former Portland city manager Jon Jennings was fired Thursday from his current job as city manager in Clearwater, Florida. City councilors said he wasn’t “a good fit.” (PH)
- A power failure for the 9-1-1 call system affected parts of Maine including Lewiston and Bangor. During the nearly 90 min outage people who called 9-1-1 got no answer. There did not appear to be any life-threatening issues. (WGME)
- Take Down The Tree Day – I know it’s sad and a lot of work, but it’s time. Today officially marks the end of the holiday season, as it is the last of the 12 days of Christmas.