1. Ketanji Brown Jackson was sworn in as the 116th justice of the Supreme Court Thursday afternoon, making history as the first Black woman to serve on the highest court.
2. The Supreme Court limited the power of the Environmental Protection Agency, delivering a significant blow to the Biden administration’s efforts to fight climate change. The President condemned the Supreme Court’s decision, calling it “devastating” and harmful to the nation, but vowed to find ways for his administration to combat climate change.
3. Amazon announced Prime Day will be a two-day event once again. Prime Day 2022 will be from July 12 to July 13. Last year, more than 250 million items were purchased by Prime members worldwide.
4. Despite the high cost of gas, AAA says 4th of July weekend could break travel records with 42 million Americans traveling 50 miles or more. Travel experts say drive travel times to double the normal length at peak points on Thursday and Friday evenings. Traffic congestion should be lower on Sunday and Monday.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com