1. The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations and new infections have both held steady in Maine for several weeks, even as the counts have climbed nationwide. Maine has the nation’s second lowest infection rate, after Vermont.
2. A stolen Ferrari valued at $400,000 crashed in York over the weekend. The owner of the Ferrari handed its keys to the Cliff House valet for storage until the morning. Around 5:28 a.m., officers were called to Route 1 and Mountain Road for a car off the roadway. When they arrived, they found the Ferrari stolen from the Cliff House.
3. Popham Beach had to close their gates early Wednesday night after a paddle-boarder spotted a great white shark just off the shore. The beach reopened Thursday morning. Officials are reminding people not to swim near seals.
4. As of last night, the Mega Millions jackpot had grown to an estimated $1.1 billion Most winners opt for the cash option, which for the drawing Friday night is an estimated $648.2 million. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302.5 million.
5. Hot Radio Maine and Innox Entertainment Present Afrobeats Night Friday July 29th at Aura in Portland. Making the trip from Lagos to Maine… Pheelz will be in the building, hosting and performing his hit single “Finesse.” This is a 21+ event. Doors open at 9pm. $20 cover at the door.
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and the justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.