1. As the coronavirus nears 100,000 global cases many are thinking twice about traveling, and it’s starting to impact some businesses in Maine. Travel Agencies and transportation companies are feeling it now. On the plus side, now is the time to get a great deal. (WGME)
2. Senator Elizabeth Warren dropped out of the presidential race on Thursday. She failed to win even her home state of Massachusetts on Super Tuesday. Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are now the only two major Democratic candidates left in the race. Warren is reportedly “assessing who would best uphold her agenda” before deciding which candidate to endorse. (WASHINGTON POST)
3. It’s that time of the year; the “spring forward” time change has arrived. Move your clocks ahead one hour on Sunday March 8, at 2 a.m. Daylight Saving Time stays in effect from the second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November. (LEHIGH VALLEY)
4. White Claw announced in a press release Thursday that at long last, they will be releasing three new flavors of their hard seltzer. The new flavors are tangerine, watermelon and lemon. These are the first new flavors debuted in the last 16 months. (PR NEWS)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.